Take a moment to breathe deeply, to relax, and to be grateful. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is, we absolutely need to take time to show gratitude toward all the amazing things happening in our lives on this very day.
Too many times we have a tendency to focus on the one negative or think that something needs to be monumental in order to make it to a gratitude list. I can't remember the exact quote, but by choosing to focus on the little positive things they add up to the big things in our lives.
So, here is my list of 10 for today:
1. I woke up this morning and was given this day. It is completely a gift.
2. I got chocolate chip cookies from Subway for Jack and he didn't even ask for them. Yep, wife of the year over here! :)
3. The fragrance of lavender essential oils is like music to my ears, only it's my nose.
4. Love The May Minimalism Game that some friends and I are playing on Facebook. It's only day two, but man, we are rocking it.
5. Helping a student with her project.
6. Big hugs from kindergarten students never get old.
7. The beautiful weather today.
8. My daughter and I came up with a great idea for a graduation gift.
9. Delicious homemade banana bread!
10. Excitement for the Bastille concert tonight!
Take 10 minutes to compose your list of 10 gratitudes today. I bet it only takes you five minutes though, because there's a lot of amazingness going on in your life! :)
I'm a lover of life, an eternal optimist, and I have an intense desire to add value through simple living and positive vibes.