Too often we look for joy in the big events of our lives when we should be looking at the everyday little events.
Joy is everywhere within our daily lives. Many times we fail to recognize it, because we are too busy going on to the next thing. Instead of waiting for the big "ah-ha" moments, enjoy the little bits and pieces of joy as they happen.
Here's my offering for today as I reflect upon the joy I experienced:
1. Conversation with a wonderful friend who I haven't seen in a few weeks.
2. Above mentioned friend texted me and asked if I wanted something from Scooter's. Of course!
3. On my commute to a workshop, I enjoyed listening, tapping my hand in the air, and singing to the music I chose for the drive. Maybe my joy spread to other drivers as they went by me, because I probably looked ridiculous. I didn't care.
4. Using my all-in-one backpack for the first time was a win!
5. Ice cold, clean water to drink whenever I want it.
6. Watching my son's dog Louie play with his toy. He is a hoot!
7. My husband put my car in the garage for me.
8. Reading what kindergartners in my town want to be when they grow up. The best one was, "I want to be in the military. My favorite thing to do in the military is to serve people." Blew me away!
9. I made it to the gym for the first time in two weeks!
10. Taking the time to water the flowers and the garden is relaxing.
Think about all the little pockets of joy in your day. They are right where they are supposed to be. We just need to take the time to look.
I'm a lover of life, an eternal optimist, and I have an intense desire to add value through simple living and positive vibes.