No, we haven't reached 100 days in 2016, so don't panic. It isn't going that fast.
However, the kindergartners in my school district have reached the 100th day of school, and it was enjoyable to watch them celebrate. They made 100 day hats, did activities, and had snacks. It was fun!
It made me think about how we seem to lose that enthusiasm for each day. We should treat each day like we are kindergartners celebrating the 100th day of school. It doesn't have to be this huge celebration, but why not appreciate it instead of taking the day for granted.
Instead of thinking about getting to the weekend or when the next vacation day is, start the day with the appreciation and gratitude it deserves. Here are 5 steps to get started:
1. It begins with the night before. Get to bed at a decent time.
2. When the alarm goes off, take three deep breaths and then get up.
3. If you're married or have a significant other and he/she is also getting up, say, "I love you." (Talk about starting his/her day off on a positive note!)
4. Get up and do some light stretching. Allow your body to ease into waking up.
5. Take 5-10 minutes to meditate, pray, and/or give thanks for the day.
Do this every morning for the next 100 days and see what a difference it makes in your whole attitude and approach to the day. You might just feel like a kindergartner!
I'm a lover of life, an eternal optimist, and I have an intense desire to add value through simple living and positive vibes.