Daily I write down three things I'm grateful for in the morning and another three things in the evening as part of my journal writing for the day. It's a great way to bookend the day.
Occasionally, I like to expand on the list to remind myself of all the amazing parts of my life that I often take for granted.
1. The stuffed animal sloth my mom brought me from her non-profit thrift store makes me smile. I mean, how can you not smile at a smiling sloth? Seriously?! Just look at him.
2. I think my stepdad is MacGyver. He finds ways to create something out of nothing, and he pulled off some shear "geniusness" when he helped with getting our house ready to sell.
3. I'm beyond thankful that my dad and I text every morning. It's like we're having breakfast together even though we live an hour and a half apart.
4. I finally made it back to the gym today for a workout and I'm glad I did. It's been awhile, and I have stayed away because I've been embarrassed about my weight gain. That was all me though. No one cares how I look, because everyone is there working out doing their own thing. I feel better now.
5. I'm glad I decided to paint the kitchen cabinets.
6. I'm tired of painting overall, but I like the fresh look it's giving our home. Why didn't we do this sooner?
7. Having amazing neighbors is the best! We know we can knock on their doors to ask for help with something and know that they will help if they can. I hope they reciprocate if there's something we can do for them.
8. Our cat Chloe is thankful to have the house back to her "normal."
9. March Madness starts this week! Next to the NHL playoffs, it's the best time of the year for me. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!
10. Reading other posts on medium.com reminds me how we writers are using our voices on a platform that promotes support, encouragement, and constructive criticism. I love networking and connecting with other writers!
I'm a lover of life, an eternal optimist, and I have an intense desire to add value through simple living and positive vibes.